This article tells you about:
- integrating with Ethnio to screen participants
- integrating with other services to screen participants
- using our participant recruitment service.
What is a screener?
When using a tool like Ethnio, you can intercept visitors to your website, screen them based on survey criteria, and if they're the kind of visitor you're looking for, you can point them at your Optimal Workshop survey.
At the end of the survey activity, we automatically notify the screener that the participant completed, so you can be sure they finished (if you're doing something like offering a voucher as a reward).
How to integrate with Ethnio
We have automatic integration done with Ethnio because they have an openly accessible API (meaning we can communicate freely with their programming system).
Once you've sourced and screened participants through Ethnio, you can integrate your survey URL so that participants can complete your survey. Make sure you've launched your Optimal Workshop survey before you set up the redirect URL in Ethnio.
- On step 4 of your screener setup ('Thanks'), check the box that says 'Activate Branching Logic'.
- In the 'Study URL' field that appears, enter the link to your Optimal Workshop study.
- Where it says 'Select a UX Research Tool', click the 'Activate' button under 'Optimal Workshop'.
You don't need to do anything in your Optimal Workshop settings, so once you've set up your screener, you're ready to go!
Integrating with other screener services
If you want to use other panels, we use the URL interface to pass information in and out, which we detail in the following two articles:
If there are other requirements set up by a participant panel, we have had the option to set up the necessary integration for individual surveys upon request.
Using our integrated recruitment panel
You can also recruit participants for your surveys using our integrated recruitment panel. You can recruit based on age, location, gender, education, and occupation, and it usually costs between $9–12 per person, depending on your requirements.